This is Part 1 of a two-part article which describes some strange and funny things that dogs will do at home which may amuse you.
Anyone who has had the pleasure of having a dog in their house must wonder at some of the antics they see every day. I’m giving my age away when I mention that Art Linkletter used to say “Kids say the darndest things”. Well, dogs do the darndest things also.
Just think about it – when you are watching TV and see a dog being hugged by someone or if they do something funny or even goofy, who can’t help but smile. Think of the reaction of most patients to a therapy dog in a hospital. You can’t help but being emotional.
So here are a few things that dogs do that will either annoy or amuse you. I hope you enjoy them. By the way, the quotes are around what your dog might be thinking.
- It’s Saturday morning and time to sleep in – except your dog has other ideas. “It’s time to get up and take me out to pee and it’s also time to play with me and feed me… “
- “I don’t want to go out in the rain even though I’m sure you love the rain”!
- “I don’t care if it is snowing, I don’t want my booties on”
- “Why do I constantly bark at the mailman or UPS driver? Because I want to scare him away from my house and it works because he leaves!”
- Why am I barking at 3 AM – didn’t you hear that cat meowing outside?”
- No matter how cold it is, you can get as bundled up as much as you want for the snow, but your dog will still stop at “What are you cold, Pop?”
- How often does your dog find a small hole in a chew toy or a pillow and miraculously it becomes a LARGE hole for the stuffing to come out and make a nice mess? “Did I do that??”
- How can one small dog have so much fur that gets into everything?
- Isn’t it just great when you put your coat on after your dog tells you he has to pee and then he refuses to go out because it’s raining?
- And, don’t you just love the smell of wet dog fur when your dog finally goes out and then comes in from the rain?
- Does your dog recognize commercials on the TV – mine does. And he goes nuts when he hears a TV doorbell or, worse yet, sees a dog or cat on the screen. He crazily jumps up and down in front of the TV.
- At night, how often have you walked through your dark house and stepped on one of your dog’s toys or bones? This wakes him up and he starts barking – which wakes the whole house! Try teaching your dog to put his toys away – It ain’t easy!
- Why does your dog shake after a bath? “It’s more fun than waiting for a towel to dry me.”
I hope you have enjoyed these anecdotes. If you have any dog behaviors that I haven’t mentioned, please let me know. You can email me with your suggestions at: email@example.com I would love to hear from you.
By the way, please look for my Part 2 of this article here:
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe